At 37 weeks, you should have a bag packed with all your essentials ready in case you need to rush for delivery at any time. All the best with the delivery, mum-to-be!
What to bring for the newborn baby?
- Long sleeve clothing
- Short sleeve clothing
- Cotton baby hat
- Newborn pampers
- Wet tissues
- Baby mittens
- Baby socks
- Baby powders & lotion
- Baby blankets
- Baby bottles
What to bring for the mother?
- ID Document
- Sarong or loose cloth for ease of access during doctor’s examinations
- Maternity pads
- Comfortable underwear
- Comfortable clothes (including those for returning home)
- Slip-on slippers that are easy to get on and off
- Long and thick socks because you will feel cold during labour
- Mobile phone and power bank to charge your phone in the hospital without getting up from bed
- Food (E.g. Milk powders, biscuits, bread, juice)
- Toiletries bag containing toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoos and shower gels
- Things that help you pass time, such as books, magazine or laptop.
- Pillows to help support during breastfeeding
- Skincare products including lip balm for your dry lips
- Nursing bras and pads
- Glasses/ contact lenses for better vision